My holiday wish

For the holiday season of 2012, my wish is for my whole family to be together.

We have one of these modern "blended" families. It's been a struggle for all of us (this story goes well beyond a seasonal wish) because we are geographically separated. Not just a short drive either. Three of the kids are about 5000 miles away - and one of them has been temporally separated from us in such a painful rendering, I don't touch on that spot.

Between my husband and I, we have six children, with 5 parents. I'm so grateful for the time we spend together but it's been piecemeal so...

In my holiday wish, we are all in the same place at the same time, enjoying the emotional wealth that our big family affords.

Is Santa/the universe listening? I think he/it is.

Towards that end, the MostlyMommies family is about to embark on a cross-country journey. Join us! And please - seriously - keep an eye on us as we drive because it's winter and ... well, it's cold, snowy and just a little scary!!!

Mostly Mommy