When the snow starts to fall

Well, that's a crazy-making lead in!
First of all, there should be a mountain of snow outside the door of my current residence here in Montreal, Canada, and there is none. There's been a light snowfall but it was washed away by rain - which is normal for where I've been for the winters of the last 15 years, British Columbia.


Secondly, I am so relieved that the snow is behind schedule as we are about to drive, with our worldly belongings, across the country - Montreal to Vancouver.
Although we have a total of six kids in our blended family, only our youngest, 7 month old DS, will be in the vehicle with my DH and me.
Thank goodness! The car battery couldn't charge ALL of our devices for that long!
We have a wonderful vehicle for the trip and we are planning to rent a Uhaul as well. Unfortunately, when I asked them if their vehicles have winter tires, the response was a rather flippant "it's hard to put them on and take them off but feel free to buy some yourself". Seriously. If that is an indication of future customer service, I'm looking at alternatives. Anyone have any ideas?
We will be tweeting and blogging merrily across the country "when the snow starts to fall"! Won't you join us?
Mostly Mommy