Cute and cheap back to school shirt

This year, we're at an awkward size stage where nothing in the stores seems to fit quite right. That may be due, in part, to our small-ish town not having loads of shopping options...
My 8 year old daughter's t-shirts fit properly but she doesn't want plain jane t-shirts now! I found these two ideas for t-shirt alterations. I love the first one especially but the second one in addition to another layer as seen in this FABulous new trend - Modesty, ie. layering t-shirts and tank tops - we've got a great new look that will take us well into fall. Winter... we'll see what I can come up with.
Found a truly great deal on tights a while back - they were so cheap, I bought some in my size, too! Back to my youth - even then, I KNEW should have kept my leg warmers and tights! :-)

(Oh, by the way, yesterday I made a second batch in as many days of the pancakes below... with a few changes which I'll post later. They are disappearing fast! One daughter likes 'em warmed up so she just pops them in the toaster. Thank goodness for these pancakes! I love the ingredients. I think I'll even put them in their lunches!!! My BF was asking me about an alternative to sandwiches for her daughter ... I've got an idea for her now.)